Date: June 1st, 2004
Cate: Geekism
Tags:

FoF 0.1.3

Come and get it!

New: Various bugfixes, MagpieRSS 0.61, one click mark all as read, Safari speedup, and for you feedaholics: the much-requested ability to flag all the items above the current one. If you’re faced with hundreds of items, and start reading them from the top down but then need to do something else, you can click one link to flag the current item and all the items above it, and then mark them all as read. You can come back and read the rest later!

Safest upgrade: extract to new, empty directory and copy your config.php over. Also should work: extract right on top of old version, then restore settings in config.php. No database tables have been changed.

This is not the fabled multi-user, category enabled, refactored, CSS/XHTML nirvana release. That one is still a ways off. I think a better way to get there will be a set of smaller, more limited releases, rather than trying to do it all at once. So here you go, and more coming soon!

13 Comments

[...] k @ 6:02 For all you syndication addicts out there, Feed on Feeds version 0.1.3 has been released. Yay! á Comments » The URI to [...]

1F

1. June 1st, 2004
    REPLY))

2. good stuff! No more euro symbols!

2F

3. June 2nd, 2004
    REPLY))

4. Great! :-)

Can’t wait for the next version (I really miss codepage detection).

3F

5. AbdelAbdel
    June 2nd, 2004
    REPLY))

6. Like we say in arabic : Choukrane !

4F

7. June 3rd, 2004
    REPLY))

8. Steve: I wholeheartedly thank you for this, and I endorse the slow-and-steady concept. :)

5F

9. June 10th, 2004
    REPLY))

10. Hi, I use FOF and thought I’d subscribe to your blog RSS so I could keep up-to-date, but they don’t validate :(

6F

11. stevesteve
    June 11th, 2004
    REPLY))

12. Sorry about that! Fixed.

7F

13. June 15th, 2004
    REPLY))

14. That’s awesome, Steve — thanks!

On a separate note, I’ve been having some fun with your Chinese/English translator. I recently went on a tour through Europe and we had one Taiwanese girl, who I have kept in contact with. I’ve been using the tool to “invent” small phrases and to translate things she writes. Half the time I don’t have a clue, but it makes for a good laugh. :)

8F

15. stevesteve
    June 16th, 2004
    REPLY))

16. Ha, neat.

9F

17. June 24th, 2004
    REPLY))

18. I must be a heretic, because I don’t like the replacement of the ability to flag individual items with the ability to flag all items up to a certain one. I don’t necessarily read items linearly, but even when I do, I tend to read from oldest to newest item (up from the bottom) rather than newest to oldest (down from the top), which is what the new flag-all-items-above-current feature almost forces me to do. What I’d like is a choice: I can flag the current item or all items above current one.

10F

19. stevesteve
    June 24th, 2004
    REPLY))

20. Somebody else made the same comment at the SourceForge forums: they always read from the bottom up, so the flag all up to this item thing is useless.

I’ll try to fix this two ways in the next version:

1) the ability to sort the items. you’ll be able to sort them date ascending, so the oldest items are on top.

2) restore single click mark individual item as read, with a bigger target. There’s plenty of room to fit that in.

11F

I agree – slow-and-steady concept is the best way. -Dave Z.

12F

Hi there! Someone in my Facebook goup shared thius website with us so I came to check it
    out. I’m definitely loving the information. I’m bookmarking and will be tweeting
    this to my followers! Wonderful blog and superb style and
    design.